AARP Tax Aide / Property Tax Relief Program
It’s that time of year again….Tax time!!!
Don’t fret though...AARP’s Tax Aide volunteers are here to help you file your taxes painlessly and effortlessly.
Where: Stamford Senior Center
Mondays & Thursdays 1:00-6:30pm
By appointment only - No Walk-ins
Please call 203-977-5151
after January 15th
February 2 through April 13, 2023
You must bring the following
- 2021 Return (important)
- Photo ID as proof of identification
- Social Security or ITIN documentation
- All 2022 tax forms (W2s, 1099s, brokerage statements, etc.)
- Proof of Health Insurance - 1095A Form if applicable
- Bank account and routing numbers (for direct deposit) blank check is permitted
Masks are strongly recommended
Property Tax Relief Program
Elderly / Disabled Homeowner Tax Relief Programs
The Filing period is between February 1 - May 15, 2023
The City of Stamford offers biennial tax credit programs for totally disabled homeowners
(with proof of disability from Social Security office) or seniors who have been 65 years
of age as of December 31,2022.
· The income maximums are $108,000 for married couples and $91,800 for single individuals.
· Assets cannot exceed $400,000 for unmarried applicants or $600,000 for married applicants exclusive of an allowance of up to $1,000,000 off of the equity value of the residence for which the tax relief is sought.
· Applicants must have no past due real property or motor vehicle taxes owed to the City of Stamford unless they are participating in a City approved payment plan and are less than sixty (60) days past due on such payment plan.
· The property must be the permanent residence/domicile of the applicant.
Past participants who are required to re-apply in 2023
will receive a notice at the end of January 2023
· Completed asset worksheet (blank worksheet will be available in February 2023)
· Copy of Social Security Earnings for 2022 (Form SSA-1099)
· A copy of 2022 Federal Tax Return (if filed, a copy must be submitted)
· If not required to file federal tax return, please provide copies of income for 2022.
Mail the required documents listed above to the following address by April 15, 2023:
City of Stamford Tax Assessor’s Office
Homeowner Tax Abatement Program
888 Washington Blvd., 6th Floor
Stamford, CT 06901
Please call 203-977-5888 to schedule an appointment. Homeowners may qualify for this exemption in addition to the State Circuit Breaker exemption.
Applicants are required to file biennially.