888 Washington Blvd. Stamford, CT 06901
COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATE
The Governor announced that anyone 16 years of age or older will
be eligible to register for the vaccine starting April 1st.
Have you gotten your COVID vaccine? Appointments
are tough to come by but more will become available in the coming days. Stamford Health has
opened a second vaccination site at one Elmcroft Road.
COVID Vaccine Sites
To schedule appointment for a vaccine at Stamford Hospital or at Elmcroft Road location.
Call 203-276-7300. OR
Visit www.stamfordhealth.org to schedule an appointment online.
To schedule at the Drive Thru site at Lord & Taylor:
Call the Statewide COVID Appointment line at 877-918-2224
If you have a VAMS account, you can schedule on VAMS website
• VAMS online system: VAMS is the Vaccine Administration Management System and can be used to schedule appointments at multiple clinics across the state including the Lord and Taylor Drive Through. To make an appointment using this system, click here. VAMS
• Hartford HealthCare: Hartford HealthCare has multiple locations throughout the state, including large clinics in the Hartford area. To make an appointment using this system, click here. Hartford Health
• Yale New Haven Health: Yale New Haven Hospital has multiple locations throughout the state, including large clinics in the New Haven area. To make an appointment using this system, Yale Health
• Walgreens is currently offering the vaccine at 12 different locations and will soon be adding many more across the state. To make an appointment using this system, click here. Walgreens
• CVS is currently offering the vaccine in four locations (Colchester, Putnam, Waterford, and Windsor Locks) and will be expanding to 12 more locations in the next week. To make an appointment using this system, click here. CVS
• Walmart will be offering the vaccine at seven locations across the state (Hartford, New Haven, North Windham, Norwalk, Torrington, Waterbury, and West Haven). To make an appointment using this system, click here. Walmart
Bedbound Covid-19 Vaccination Program
Residents can now schedule with the City's Department of Health to visit a
residence and administer the vaccine to bedbound residents.
Call 203.977.4378 (Mon - Fri, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to schedule an appointment.
Residents are considered bedbound if they meet one of the following criteria:
The resident never leaves home, the resident spends 60% of their time in bed, anytime spent out of bed requires being seated, and all services are brought into the home for the resident.
The resident leaves home, but leaving home requires lifting/carrying by another individual or stretcher transport.
Note: Persons are not considered bedbound if they use a cane, walker or have the ability to transfer to a wheelchair or car with supervision/light contact.
If you need assistance scheduling an appointment or arranging for transportation, please call us at the Center and we are happy to assist you. 203-977-5151
For more information visit the state's website at www.ct.gov/coronavirus
Important Facts from the CDC
· Both Pfizer and Moderna require two shots for maximum effectiveness.
· Moderna 2nd dose should be around 28 days after first dose. · Pfizer 2nd dose should be around 21 days after first dose.
You should get your second shot as close to the recommended interval as possible. However, there is no maximum interval between the first and second doses for either vaccine. You should not get the second dose earlier than the recommended interval.
· It takes time for your body to build protection after any vaccination. COVID-19 vaccines that require 2 shots may not protect you until a week or two after your second shot.
Common Side Effects of the vaccine: · Pain or swelling at injection site
· Body aches, fever, chills, fatigue, headache (these symptoms usually subside within 24-48 hours)
· Tylenol can help reduce the possible side effects (talk to your Doctor first before taking any medications )
· Apply a warm compress to injection site and exercise your arm where you received the vaccine
· Drink plenty of fluids, especially if you have a fever.
Let’s all do our part to stop the spread and
Protect each other!
Welcome to the Stamford Senior Center.
To provide affordable opportunities for older adults in the greater Stamford area to be active and healthy in mind and body and remain connected to their community in a welcoming, safe and diverse environment.
The Center is open to older adults aged 50 years of age or older.
Membership dues are just $50 / year for an individual and $80 / year for a couple.
We offer fitness classes, arts, duplicate bridge, computer and technology classes, health and wellness programs, trips and so much more.
The Stamford Senior Center is currently closed for on-site programs due to the COVID-19 virus. We will follow CDC, state and local health department guidelines on when it is safe to re-open the center. The health and well-being of our members is our #1 priority.
Since the center suspended on site programs in March, we have become a "Senior Center without Walls" . Our focus has been to make sure our members are safe and have food, medications and other basic necessities to survive this pandemic and stay safe in their homes, while trying to keep them virtually connected to reduce the risks of social isolation. We have moved many of our classes online with Zoom and YouTube. We are also doing fitness in the park and monthly themed Drive through lunches to stay connected while being apart.
Together, as a community, we will overcome these difficult days
Please support our efforts to keep our seniors healthy and provide them with home delivered meals
and groceries during this pandemic.
We are all in this together!
Support our Annual Appeal Today
How to help
Your tax deductible donation supports our efforts to provide meals to seniors in need throughout this extended pandemic. Your support is also vital to help support our day to day operations , virtual programming, outdoor classes, drive through meals , as well as tablets to seniors who have no way to connect while they are at home facing prolonged social isolation. We thank you for your support to keep our older adults safe, healthy and socially connected.
With over 900 members, The Stamford Senior Center serves a diverse group of individuals from all walks of life and from various ethnic, racial and socio-economic groups. We welcome both Stamford residents and residents from surrounding towns to become members and enjoy our programs and services.
Membership year runs from July 1 through June 30th of each year.
Membership dues has been pro-rated at this time.
If you wish to join please complete the membership applciation form and mail to us with your membership fee. You can also pay your membership fee online via PayPal button below.